I am so pleased I did.....
|My heart is full of hope|
While that was drying I used a gel medium transfer technique on the cherubs to put them on canvas (worked really well). Then I used a scrap of canvas as a stamp and randomly stamped with heavy paint.
The wings are grunge paper, painted brown / black then embossed with silver, then again with UTEE to give a look of tin. Distressed them with black paint to knock back the shine.
The large heart is a technique I've been playing with for a few weeks. Card stock with high gesso peaks, texture paste, bead gel and high lift molding paste.
Next I applied paint techniques using burnt umber, fine gold, fine bronze, teal, white and some more iron oxide.
The heart shape was torn from orange card stock, painted it with Lumiere paints and then glued it to the base card before stamping with a crackle stamp. It was finished off with some random stamping and my trusty oil pastels.