Sunday 21 October 2012

It's halloween!

The challenge at Sunday Postcard Art this week is Retro Halloween.  I'm not really a fan of Halloween and always struggle with art for this holiday.  However, it wouldn't be called a challenge if it was easy, would it :)

I'm such a lonely pumpkin!
I coloured white card stock with both yellow and orange water soluble crayons and then wiped it with a baby wipe to spread the colour.  Next came some quickly hand drawn buildings on a hill.  For some reason I painted them with Mars black rather than colour them with a marker, which would have been much quicker.

Next came stamping across everything in Archival Sap Green ink and a cobweb stamp.  Then stamping again with the same stamp but with Monarch Orange Ink.  I notice it looks silver on the photo where it overlaps the Mars Black paint.  (Might have to play with this as a technique)

I drew a pumpkin and coloured him with Inktensils in orange, yellow, dark brown and light brown, then applied a little water to spread the colour and blend.  I drew around the outside of the pumpkin with a deep blue inktensil and applied water to give a soft outline.  The moon was hand drawn on white printer paper and painted with silver paint.

Finally I stamped around the bottom edges with a leaf stamp, first in StayzOn Black and then my favourite London Fog.

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely Liz. All the different layers, techniques and paints have all come together so well. Love how you have taken the time to explain how you did it as well.

    Also thanks for visiting my blog and always leaving such lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the unifying orange spider webs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your darling postcard Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great black orange combination, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful web filled background you are amazing with your artwork...a fabulous postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific retro Halloween card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderful cobwebby postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card Liz - and thanks for the info on your technique. Love those inktensils!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more cobwebs the better! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your postcard, the orange webs are great!!!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz