I have had so much fun over the past week making myself a pencil box! A few months ago I found a Bronnley soap box that was the perfect size and started to paint and stamp on it and then lost interest.
About a week ago, I decided it had to change drastically - and it did!
More views of the eustucheon as I worked on the rusting process. Before I applied the rust powder, I covered it completely with Distress Ink in Rust (what else!). I made sure I covered all of the cut edges to that no grunge board was visible.
This is the eustucheon after the first spray with white vinegar. I think I sprayed it three times by the time I finished
Once completed I covered everything with a layer or two of clear Golden Mat Medium to seal it. I applied it with a brush but then stippled it with a cloth to removed brush marks on the rust. The brush marks are only on the painted surfaces,