Saturday 28 July 2012

ATC - little beginings

I have entered an ATC swap and, never having made an ATC before, I thought I'd make a couple extra.  The theme for this swap is 'metal' or metal related.  I had some great ideas that followed the theme, but what did I make?

Dream in Colour

Well, they are very vibrant, colourful ATC's with no sign of metal anywhere.  For this fiasco I blame the arrival of my new Dylusions spray inks from Dyan Reaveley.  They are just so bright and bold that I didn't want to stop playing with them.  I love how the colours blend and change as you look at them.  On the Dream in Colour card I used Bubble Gum Pink and Pure Sunshine.  All of the other shades are made by the colours blending together.

Smelly Cat
On this one I used London Blue and Bubble Gum Pink again.  The cat is cut from a bigger stamp and coloured with inktesil pencils.  I did some random stamping with various things and sprayed through a harlequin stencil with water to get the ghosted image.  The letters are tiny individual stamps I filled in using a soufflĂ© pen.
And as for the 'metal' ATCs -  I made 4 in accordance with the theme, and two will be going into the mail today.  I will post photo's later once they have arrived with the recipient.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz