Monday 20 May 2013

Thinking happy thoughts.

The Three Muses have the theme 'black and white stripes' today.  Unfortunately I wanted to work with bright colours, so did both - black and white stripes surrounded by a riot of colour!
When my day is dismal, I create my own happy place
Here is a double page spread in my art journal.  It started out as a series of pencil doodles and then before I knew it, I was doing stripes.  There is no logic or rational behind it, it just is me having fun.

Pencil drawings then over drawn with black fine line pen, then some black paint and some black felt marker.  Once all the black and white was completed, I pulled out my Inklensils in lemon, orange and red and randomly coloured the background.  After wetting the colours really popped out and I felt a rough day become bright and cheery.

Next came some stamping in Archival Monarch Orange, Memento London Fog and StayzOn black.


My two favourite stamps are the Reality Check and the flying pig.  I love my barmy stamps!

Thanks very much for taking a look and I hope my journal has brought some joy to your day too.


14 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your artwork. This looks as if it was fun to do, I like your idea of the black and white against the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cheerful piece of art, Liz, your cool journal pages have brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no logic ... well who cares, lack of logic makes for the best pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a touch of Zetti and yours is the first one I have seen today. I love the whimsy and movement. Great artwork as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful piece of zetti art, Liz. The stripes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great idea to create your own happy space!!! I do the same!!! I love that you showed us just how you did your wonderful piece!!

    Wishing you a happy day!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Liz, now I want to see the rest of your journal. The black and whites really pop against the gorgeously intense colors. Great journal spread! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy? Certainly! And thank you very much dear Liz! :D
    Your journal pages are always formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colourful and creative work. Joyful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic doodles and designs!

    Lori

    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of stripes...I really admire your gorgeous hands on artwork Liz it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation Liz.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the contrast of the color and the b/w comes out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, love this! Great colour combo and some fab images but especially love the words you used x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz